Saturday, May 26, 2012

My New Blog

Hello there, I'm new to blogging. I'm not sure what I want to say. I'd like to talk about my Job, but I'm not sure I want to put that out there you know? This is the internet and anyone can and will read it. So I think rather than talking about my job specifically, I'll talk about my Industry in general.

I work in IT. Information Technology. Wikipedia defines IT as the branch of engineering that deals with the use of computers and telecommunications to store, retrieve and transmit information. The acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of vocal, pictorial, textual and numerical information by a microelectronics-based combination of computing and telecommunications are its main fields.

What does that mean? It means I work on computers. It means when your computer blue screens, gets a virus (Oh believe me I'll talk about that later) runs slow or you want to upgrade your current system, you call me.

There are several categories of IT, I mainly deal with Corporate and Home User with an emphasis on Corporate. In fact, most of my Home User experience comes from a) Family and b) Corporate users who say 'can you take a look at my personal computer?'. The answer is Yes for the record, I can take a look at your personal computer. I think I'll Circle back to that at a later date though.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your blog, Matt! Looking good!!

    ~Nancy Jill Thames
    "Queen of Afternoon Tea"

    ReplyDelete